|At Essex, from the cab of one of VIA's restored F7s. Looking over the top of the speedo, you can see the roof of the famous Izaak Walton Inn.|
Sometimes, for one reason or another, installation instructions for extra rolling stock (particularly locomotives) may not be clear or there could be a couple of tricks involved.
This page will help to clarify such situations so you're not prevented from enjoying all the free MSTS add-ons that so many creative people keep making available to us all.
|Having been given a clear signal, our Acela Express builds up speed as it leaves the Washington station.|
This is the list of locos for which you'll find some helpful installation instructions, apart from those provided by the original author in the "readme" file:
- VIA F40PH-2D from Club Train Miniature - click here for installation help
- Genesis Pack from NALW - click here for installation help
Helpful notes to install the following will be written up as soon as possible:
- E60C locos (Amtrak and others).
- VIA F45PH (via_f45.zip, 14-Jan-01, 1.0Mb - a useful exercise because it shows up some little tricks to make sure MSTS doesn't get confused when there are locos of similar names.
- GG1 Mega download (gg1_mega.zip, 28-Jan-02, 13.6Mb - a note on overcoming the problem with the "rogue" consist that's installed and gives MSTS a hiccup when it starts and can't find various rolling stock.